ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can Caches Be Associated with Specific Resolvers?
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:49:56 GMT
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 6:31 PM, Buck, Robert <rbuck@verisign.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I was looking over the details of IVY 2 Beta 2 the other day and I had
>  one question.
>
>  It looks like one can set up caches that have affinity to particular
>  types of files, or patterns. On the other hand, can one define a
>  specific cache per resolver regardless of pattern (this would seem to be
>  the other dimension people would consider) ?
Actually, the former is not possible (pattern affinity) but the latter
is... it seems we "just" forgot to update the documentation on the
resolvers page: with beta 2 all resolvers have a cache attribute,
which allow to give the name of the cache instance to associate with
the resolver. With pluggable caches, it's a great improvement to Ivy
flexibility!

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/