ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@writingshow.com>
Subject Problems with creating a repository
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:17:22 GMT
Hi

In an earlier message I raised problems with namespaces. Well, I've
moved on since then and found a workaround for that.
I now have another problem:

I am trying to build an 'enterprise repository' which is basically a
mirror of information mostly available from the maven repo.
If I use the transitive="true" switch in <ivy:install I end up with
problems with not being able to find all of the required jars mainly due
to problems with bad metadata in the maven repositories.

In many cases I don't need the transitive classes for my own projects.

I've searched the docs and there seem to be two alterntives:

1. Download the jars I need, and create my own ivy.xml files for each
jar explicitly stating the dependencies which are relevant
2. Use transitive = true and then hand edit the ivy files in my
repository and then hand edit the ones which have dependencies on jars I
don't need to remove those dependencies.

It seems that what I would really like to do is to specify to
<ivy:install> that it should exclude some dependencies but there doesn't
seem to be a way to do this.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards

Alan Chaney