ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Per Hermansson <>
Subject impossible to put metadata file in cache
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:28:24 GMT
I've having some troubles working with Ivy. My current issue is that I
get the followinging warning when I try to resolve a published ivy file
[ivy:resolve] :: problems summary ::
[ivy:resolve] :::: WARNINGS
[ivy:resolve]     impossible to put metadata file in cache:
(working@local). C:\Documents and

When I use the following ant calls:
        <ivy:cleancache />
        <ivy:retrieve ivypattern="[module]/[artifact].[ext]"
pattern="[module]/[artifact].[ext]"  />

With the property the ivy:retrive call only
downloads the jar artifacts and not the ivy file, since it wasn't resolved.
Why do I get the "impossible to put metadata file in cache" warning?
This happens when I'm using ivy 2.0.0-beta2.

When I'm using Ivy 2.0.0-beta1 I still get the warning but now
ivy:retrieve fails with with the following output:
impossible to ivy retrieve: java.lang.RuntimeException: problem during
retrieve of org.slf4j#slf4j-jdk14:
C:\Documents and Settings\Per\.ivy2\cache\org.slf4j\slf4j-api\ivy-1.4.3.xml

Per Hermansson

View raw message