ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Hans Dockter <m...@dockter.biz>
Subject Re: New errors messages in log since update to Ivy-beta2
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:42:50 GMT

On Mar 5, 2008, at 4:34 PM, Xavier Hanin wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Hans Dockter <mail@dockter.biz> wrote:
>

>>> It seems you don't use the same ivy.jar in both cases. Is
>>> ivy-2.0.0.beta2_20080103202250.jar a home made build, or a copy from
>>> ivy-2.0.0-beta2.jar?
>>>

>> You are right. I forgot to update. Now the situation is pretty much
>> as described in my first mail.
>>
>> When I now start Gradle from IntelliJ or from the command line I get
>> the error messages. I don't get the error messages with my ant build.
>> My ant-build is also using ivy-beta2 (I've made sure that there is no
>> old ivy lib in the ant-home lib folder, as I install Ivy via my
>> build.xml).
>
> I suspect the difference is the xml parser used. Run "ant -
> diagnostics" and
> you will see a section telling which Xml parser is used. Here is mine:
>  XML Parser information
> XML Parser : org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl
> XML Parser Location: /usr/share/java/xercesImpl.jar
> Namespace-aware parser : org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl
> $JAXPSAXParser
> Namespace-aware parser Location: /usr/share/java/xercesImpl.jar
>
> If your ant install use xerces as mine, try adding to your
> classpath in
> gradle, to see what happens.
>
> Xavier

Spot on, Xavier.

ant -diagnostics says:

  XML Parser information
XML Parser : org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl
XML Parser Location: /Users/hans/java/apache-ant/lib/xercesImpl.jar
Namespace-aware parser : org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl
$JAXPSAXParser
Namespace-aware parser Location: /Users/hans/java/apache-ant/lib/
xercesImpl.jar

If I add /Users/hans/java/apache-ant/lib/xercesImpl.jar to the Gradle
classpath, there are no error messages.

- Hans