ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <>
Subject Re: defaultLatestStrategy
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:37:18 GMT
Hello Neil,

I do not know whether this is possible with ivy.

I am using ivy in my project for about 40 applications and libraries.

We are generating new build labels for each successful build and we do not have this issue.

Is there a particular reason why you are always using the same label ?

There is an attribute changing for the ivy:resolve task, maybe this is what you are looking
for to tell ivy : I am using always the same revision but what this revision is actually can
change. Xavier ?

In the settings file, the attribute checkUpToDate is defined as :
Indicates if date should be checked before retrieving artifacts from cache

It does not sound like it is interesting for this use case [but maybe I am wrong].

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:26:38 -0600
> Von: Neil Lott <>
> An: Ivy User User <>
> Betreff: defaultLatestStrategy

> Would someone explain how to accomplish this with ivy?
> Here's my use case:
> I have multiple modules that publish artifacts.
> When they publish the revision number stays the same.
> However, if they do publish I want other modules to recognize that a
> new revision of the module has been published.
> I tried this in my settings file with no luck.
> <ivysettings>
>    <settings defaultResolver="chained" checkUpToDate="true"
> defaultLatestStrategy="latest-time"/>
> Neil

View raw message