ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: philosophical question
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:34:55 GMT
Did their scm based solution tell why a library is required when there is
dependencies of dependencies?  Did their solution will help to identify that
2 modules have conflicting dependencies?  Did their solution manage
different type of dependencies (compile, runtime, test, ...) without some
+/- important duplication of the info in build script, scm content or other
files.

That's what a dependency managment tool does.  I think the SCM solution they
want is just a solution to store dependency in a versioned way.  It is not a
solution to manage them (=change & control the changes).

--
Gilles Scokart