ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject Purpose of <include>
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:46:55 GMT
Hi all,

Is it just me, or does <include> within <dependency> not have any
effect?

For example, I have a "virtual module" consisting of a random collection
of COTS jars that do not follow a repository naming convention.

If I want to retrieve just the jars that begin with "apache-", I thought
it might work like this:

<dependency org="myorg" name="mymodule" rev="5.7">
        	<include name="apache-*"/>
</dependency>

The behavior is no different than if I include "*".   The entire set of
jars is retrieved, including those that are not apache-*.    However, I
must include "*" or else ivy will go searching for "mymodule-5.7.jar".
This seems like a strange way to express global inclusion.

The documentation does not shed much light on the principles of
<include>, can someone explain it a little better?

Thanks,
Carlton