ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject How to resolve when the jarfile name is different from the module?
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:29:11 GMT
Hi all,

I am having a problem retriving artifacts where the artifact filename
does not match the module name declared in the ivy file.

I have a repository to handled 3rd-party jars, structured like:
Org/module/revision = omega/libs/1.0

The 1.0 dir contains large number of jars, none of which have 'omega' or
'libs' or '1.0' in the name.  (Long story, basically they are supplied
by a 3rd party with no dependency info).

I just want to get all of the jars contained in rtjars/1.0 .  However,
Ivy looks just for the nonexistent rtjar.jar and rtjar-1.0.jar, then
displays the warning "unresolved dependencies" and stops trying to
resolve.

Here's the ivy file of the dependency module 'libs':
<ivy-module version="2.0">
  <info organisation="omega" module="libs" revision="1.0" />
	<publications>
  		<artifact name="foo" type="jar" ext="jar" />
  		<artifact name="bar" type="jar" ext="jar" />
  		<artifact name="baz" type="jar" ext="jar" />
  	</publications>
</ivy-module>

Here's the ivy file of the dependent:
    <dependencies>
        <dependency org="omega" name="libs" rev="1.0">
        	<include name="*.jar"/>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

I expected the include would generalize the request to pick up all the
jars, but this didn't happen.  What should I be doing?

Thanks,
Carlton