ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: What is the first entry point to the Ivy lifecycle?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 18:54:36 GMT
2 quick and helpful responses, thanks, but I need just a little further
clarification.

Maybe this will explain my confusion:

Step 1:  Resolve, to get the dependencies of foo.jar
Step 2:  Build foo.jar
Step 3:  ??????  What happens here?  Must I perform yet another resolve
to add foo.jar to the cache?
Step 4:  Publish foo.jar

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Castrianni [mailto:Shawn.Castrianni@halliburton.com]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 1:46 PM
To: 'ivy-user@ant.apache.org'
Subject: RE: What is the first entry point to the Ivy lifecycle?

To properly build an ivy module, you must first resolve/retrieve its
dependencies, then compile it against those dependencies, then you can
publish it.  You can call retrieve without doing a resolve, and the
resolve will be called for you.  Yes, you are right, the resolve is what
puts dependencies into the cache.

---
Shawn Castrianni
CM Lead Architect
Landmark
Halliburton Drilling, Evaluation and Digital Solutions Building 2
2101 City West Blvd.
Houston, TX  77042
Work:  713-839-3086
Cell:  832-654-0888