ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject What is the first entry point to the Ivy lifecycle?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 18:37:37 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to publish a jar to my repository for the very first time.
I am getting errors indicating that the module is not in my cache (which
it is not, because it is a brand new jar that never existed before
today.)

When I look at the Ivy lifecycle diagram, it seems cyclic with no entry
points other than the public repository:

http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/principle.html

I can see how artifacts transition between states, but not how it enters
the cache for the first time.

I suspect maybe it is <ivy:resolve>, but the document does not say this.
It only says that resolve retrieves dependencies.

What I tried is a <ivy:publish> task which is failing with this error.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: ivy file not found in cache for
ccrt#hello-A;1.0: please resolve dependencies before delivering
(ivy-cache\resolved-ccrt-hello-A-1.0.xml)

From this message, it seems that <publish> is trying to read some
information from the cache.  As I mentioned before, I don't see how the
artifact is populated into the cache for the first time.

Help appreciated, this is very frustrating.

-Carlton