ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Juha Ranta <juha.ra...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: Continuous integration and deciding whether to build
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:25:11 GMT

On 29.2.2008, at 23:02, Troy Bull wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Juha Ranta <juha.ranta@iki.fi> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> As an introduction, I have an existing build system that I'm trying
>> improve by using Ivy. I think Ivy is very cool, so big thanks for it!
>>
>> I have a build server with projects checked out from CVS in one
>> directory like this:
>>
>> projectA/
>> projectB/
>> projectC/
>> projectD/
>

> Have you looked at CruiseControl?  Thats what we use to do something
> very similar to what you are wondering..
>
> troy

I've looked at CruiseControl but not actually used it. I think that a
build server would be a better option than using some Ant Contrib
tasks to make Ant do things it wasn't really created for. However, it
seems to be a somewhat tedious process at my current workplace to
introduce new products such as CruiseControl. Secondly, I'd like to
first create a simple demonstration of how the build system could
work. Thirdly, even though I haven't looked that much in CruiseControl
or other build servers, I don't see how they could see if the resolved
"latest.integration" dependencies have changed since the previous
build, unless someone has written a plugin or something equivalent
especially for Ivy. I'm interested if there are such plugins for any
build servers.