ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Juha Ranta <juha.ra...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: Help with complex latest-strategy
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:27:14 GMT

> Le 29 févr. 08 à 15:49, jonathan doklovic a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if someone could help me figure out the proper
>> latest-strategy for my requirements....
>>
>> Basically, our projects are run iteratively and we have a versioning
>> system that I'm not sure how to configure in ivy.
>>
>> Basically the pattern is:
>>
>> [project]-[major].[minor].[bugfix]M[iteration]r[svn rev]t[timestamp]

I'm new to Ivy, so take this with a grain of salt... but are you using
this complex pattern as your "revision" of your artifacts? If so,
perhaps you should consider having a much simpler pattern for your
revisions. The project knows it's name, so you don't need the
[project] in the revision. You can perhaps have another chained
repository for the developer builds. I think that the Ivy revisions of
each of the artifact should be quite simple; for example, the builds
of the main trunk could be just "10, 11, 12, 13, .." and the revisions
in the bug fix branch "11.3, 11.4, ..". If you need a complex revision
sting like what you presented for some purpose, you should generate it
from the information you can get to and not force Ivy's revision
pattern to be like that.