ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: Continuous integration and deciding whether to build
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:37:24 GMT
You probably could somehow use the ivy:repreport task to get xml version of reporting metadata
about what versions are out there and stuff.  Then you could use the oopsconsultancy xmltask
to scan the xml report files to check if something has changed.  Obviously, there are a lot
of details I am leaving out, but I did post a previous message to this mailing list where
I did something similar and showed my ANT source code for it.  I used the report task and
scanned the xml report file with the xmltask.

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Juha Ranta [mailto:juha.ranta@iki.fi]
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 3:25 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Continuous integration and deciding whether to build

On 29.2.2008, at 23:02, Troy Bull wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Juha Ranta <juha.ranta@iki.fi> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> As an introduction, I have an existing build system that I'm trying
>> improve by using Ivy. I think Ivy is very cool, so big thanks for it!
>>
>> I have a build server with projects checked out from CVS in one
>> directory like this:
>>
>> projectA/
>> projectB/
>> projectC/
>> projectD/
>

> Have you looked at CruiseControl?  Thats what we use to do something
> very similar to what you are wondering..
>
> troy

I've looked at CruiseControl but not actually used it. I think that a
build server would be a better option than using some Ant Contrib
tasks to make Ant do things it wasn't really created for. However, it
seems to be a somewhat tedious process at my current workplace to
introduce new products such as CruiseControl. Secondly, I'd like to
first create a simple demonstration of how the build system could
work. Thirdly, even though I haven't looked that much in CruiseControl
or other build servers, I don't see how they could see if the resolved
"latest.integration" dependencies have changed since the previous
build, unless someone has written a plugin or something equivalent
especially for Ivy. I'm interested if there are such plugins for any
build servers.

and delete all copies of this message.