ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: transitive dependency override
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:40:31 GMT
Basically if a new indirect dependency is ready and published in the repo and the developer
wants to use it now without having to wait for a new direct dependency that uses that new
indirect dependency to be published, this would come in handy.  Or maybe the direct dependency
build is broken so the developer can't access the new indirect dependency until the build
is fixed.  There are other scenarios where explicitly specifying a revision of a module can
be useful.  But again, I want that control in the settings file so I don't have to change
the ivy.xml files.

---
Shawn Castrianni
CM Chief Architect
Landmark
Halliburton Drilling, Evaluation and Digital Solutions Building 2
2101 City West Blvd.
Houston, TX  77042
Work:  713-839-3086
Cell:  832-654-0888