ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject ivy integration with automated build tools
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:09:03 GMT
I have my standalone ivy builds working great such that any developer can build and retrieve
dependencies.  However, now I am trying to get automated builds going for continuous integration,
scheduled nightly builds, etc.  I was curious what people out there are using.  I always run
into the problem of coordinating the automated build systems build numbers and ivy's build
numbers.  It would be great if they could be the same such that a developer could look at
the automated build website and see builds with numbers that match the number in the ivy repository.

I also see overlap in functionality between ivy and automated build systems with dependency
management, publishing, and promotion.  I have all of that working with ivy and am wondering
if I just ignore those aspects of the automated build system in favor of ivy?

---
Shawn Castrianni
CM Lead Architect
Landmark
Halliburton Drilling, Evaluation and Digital Solutions Building 2
2101 City West Blvd.
Houston, TX  77042
Work:  713-839-3086
Cell:  832-654-0888