ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject install task bug?
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:07:48 GMT
I am using the install task to copy builds of my modules from one resolver to another, which
is what it was designed to do.  However, I have noticed that it appears to be dependent on
the defaultResolver in the settings file.  I think this is a bug since the install task takes
as attributes the from and to resolver.  The from resolver should be used to find the module
instance to copy from (not the defaultResolver) and the to resolver should be used to locate
the destination of where to copy the module instance to.  Therefore, if I specify the revision
of "latest.testing" in my install task and a from resolver of "testing", it should find the
latest revision of my testing modules in the testing resolver.  However, it is not finding
the latest one.  I changed my defaultResolver in my settings file to be "testing" and then
it started to work properly.  I changed it back and it failed again.  That tells me that the
install task is using the value of defaultResolver somehow.  Am I understanding things correctly?
 By the way, if I change my revision spec in the install task to be a specific revision number
in the "latest" resolver, it works fine.  The bug is only when I use the latest.XXXX method.

---
Shawn Castrianni
CM Lead Architect
Landmark
Halliburton Drilling, Evaluation and Digital Solutions Building 2
2101 City West Blvd.
Houston, TX  77042
Work:  713-839-3086
Cell:  832-654-0888