ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject cache problems
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 07:25:03 GMT
How important is the cache?  All of my work is within my corporate intranet so everything is
pretty fast.  The reason I ask is that the cache seems to cause me headache.  I am testing
different scenarios and features of ivy with test build.xml and ivy.xml files.  When I think
my ivy file should fail in finding a module during retrieve, it succeeds because it found
the wrong one in the cache.  If I delete my cache and then rerun my test, it fails as I expect.
 That makes me think that when I deploy my ivy implementation, my users will sometimes be
picking up the wrong dependencies because of stuff in the cache.  Am I doing something wrong?
 I am thinking I should do a cleancache before every ivy task to make sure it is clean for
each of my ivy tasks.  Can I just turn off the usage of the cache?  Obviously, this is not
the intended behavior of someone using ivy so I must be missing something.

My module revision numbers are not globally unique.  I could have a revision 080205.00 for
module A branch 1 and a revision 080205.00 for module A branch 2.  If the cache is just looking
at the revision numbers assuming they are globally unique, then it could sometimes get the
wrong branch version since the revision numbers are the same.  Is this a bug in the cache
or do I need to make my revision numbers globally unique by adding the branch name somehow?

---
Shawn Castrianni
Landmark
Halliburton Drilling, Evaluation and Digital Solutions
Building 2
2101 City West Blvd.
Houston, TX  77042
Work:  713-839-3086