ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: filesystem resolver concurrency issues?
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:18:00 GMT
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Shawn Castrianni <

> I was curious if the filesystem resolver tries to handle any concurrency
> issues.  For example, what happens if a module is being published at the
> same time someone is resolving/retrieving?  Will partial modules be
> downloaded or does it know that it isn't finished publishing so it will use
> the previous version?

The latest version of Ivy supports an atomic publish with filesystem
resolver:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/resolver/filesystem.html

This relies on the atomic move of directories.

BTW, the order in which Ivy publish files makes it very unlikely to hit a
concurrency problem even with other resolvers. Still filesystem atomic
publish should be preferred for robustness in highly concurrent environment.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/