ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ivy.xml
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:36:54 GMT
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 11:22 PM, Neil Lott <neilmatthewlott@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Let's say I have multiple modules each with their own ivy.xml
>
> <ivy-module version="2.0">
>     <info organisation="${organization.name}" module="$
> {interface.jar.prefix}"/>
>
>     <configurations>
>         <conf name="interface"  description="dependencies for
> interface"/>
>         <include file="path/to/included-configurations.xml"/>
>     </configurations>
>
>     <publications>
>         <artifact name="${interface.jar.prefix}" type="jar"
> conf="interface" ext="jar"/>
>     </publications>
>
>     <dependencies>
>            <dependency org="twc" name="mas-core" rev="${mas.version}"
> conf="interface->server"/>
>     </dependencies>
> </ivy-module>
>

> and I want them all to share an inherited configuration found in a
> file: included-configurations.xml
>
> <configuration>
>     <conf name="test"/>
> </configuration>
>
> <dependencies>
>    <dependency name="testng" rev="5.7" conf="test"/>
> </dependencies>
>
> so in the inherited configurations file I'd also like to include a
> dependency that goes along with that configuration.
>
> Is something like this possible?

No, this is not possible in Ivy, but you can use text or xml processing
tools to recompose your Ivy file before asking Ivy to resolve the
dependencies of your module.

Alternatively, since what you ask is close to maven 2 parent mechanism, I
think it could be a nice addition to Ivy feature set. So feel free to open
an issue, and even provide a patch :-)

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/