ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: transitive dependency override
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:17:41 GMT
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Shawn Castrianni <

> I LOVE IT!!!  That adds so much more flexibility to IVY.  I also have
> always wanted to know what the original dependency constraints were after
> publishing, but you can no longer find out after a deliver.
>
> This extra metadata could also come in handy in the report task when the
> dependency graph is created.  Right now, if you run the report, you can see
> the dependency constraint rules for the direct dependencies of the module
> you are reporting on, but all of the indirect (transitive) dependencies are
> hardcoded to their specific revision numbers.  Have this extra metadata
> could allow the report task to put the original dependency constraint rules
> on all the edges in the graph and the specific revision numbers inside all
> of the nodes.  In my opinion, that is a better report of the dependencies of
> a module.  It shows the constraint rule used and the actual revision found
> for all nodes in the graph.

Indeed, that'd be nice too. I think we can create 3 issues in JIRA: one to
introduce the two kind of versions on the dependency, another one to
introduce a new resolve mode to actually use the original version
constraint, and a third one for the report improvement (with links between
each of them). This will help split the work required, and better represents
the changes we can foresee.

Xavier

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/