ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Purpose of <include>
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 19:37:26 GMT
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Brown, Carlton <
Carlton.Brown@compucredit.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it just me, or does <include> within <dependency> not have any
> effect?
>
> For example, I have a "virtual module" consisting of a random collection
> of COTS jars that do not follow a repository naming convention.
>
> If I want to retrieve just the jars that begin with "apache-", I thought
> it might work like this:
>
> <dependency org="myorg" name="mymodule" rev="5.7">
>                <include name="apache-*"/>
> </dependency>
>
> The behavior is no different than if I include "*".   The entire set of
> jars is retrieved, including those that are not apache-*.    However, I
> must include "*" or else ivy will go searching for "mymodule-5.7.jar".
> This seems like a strange way to express global inclusion.
>
> The documentation does not shed much light on the principles of
> <include>, can someone explain it a little better?

Include is not transitive, it only affects the artifacts from the
dependency. Since your dependency is a virtual module, it doesn't publish
any artifact itself, so include has no effect. I think there's already been
some people asking for transitivity in include like it has been introduced
for exclude in 1.x (can't remember which version exactly). Feel free to open
a issue if there isn't one already.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/