ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ivyde again
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 13:04:58 GMT
On Feb 8, 2008 1:43 PM, Andreas Sahlbach <andreas.sahlbach@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2008 10:57 AM, Foreman, Alex (IT) <
> Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com> wrote:
>

> > Contary to this we are using a xoocode release (from december I belive)
> > and have found it to be stable and working well.
> >
> > You could be less critical and help the developers by explaining the
> > exact points which are not working for you and give your EclipseIDE
> > version and IvyDE version to help them pinpoint what Is wrong.
> >

> Ok, to clarify this. What I've done is this: I've used the 2.0 beta 1 with
> the latest unofficial IvyDE. I run into problems with that (see below) and
> then tried to use latest Ivy and after running into more problems, using
> latest IvyDE which ended up into my mail (probably influenced by my
> frustration not be able to build it from scratch).
>
> To my problems with IvyDE unofficial: It's hard to report anything because
> don't have any kind of output. I go to my project, select the Ivy File,
> say
> Add Ivy Library, the workspace is being rebuild and nothing else happens.
> No
> Ivy Container appears, absolutely no output on the ivy console or any
> other
> console...nothing.
>
> Thanks for your answer. Because of your report that it works for you, I
> will
> spent some more time in using beta 1 and the latest unofficial IvyDE.
> Maybe
> I can get it to run which would finally allow us to switch to 2.x. But I
> still can't understand why IvyDE is not part of the official Ivy release.
> All this guessing which IvyDE version fits to which Ivy version is
> annoying
> and error prone.

I agree, but this has already been discussed, and can't be solved easily.
Without any sponsorship, Ivy and IvyDE are pure community efforts, and
despite being very frustrating as individuals we can't do much about this.
The only thing I can ensure is that a new official version of IvyDE will be
published with Ivy 2.0 final, and that version will allow upgrading Ivy
version without requiring to change IvyDE version (using Ivy as an OSGi
bundle directly in Eclipse). For the moment it's still on the bleeding edge,
I really hope everything will be more stable soon.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/