ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to install a non-maven jar to the repository
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 08:57:57 GMT
On Feb 6, 2008 9:06 PM, Ross, Ed <Ed.Ross@crowncastle.com> wrote:

> After reading the docs, I still don't know how to do a simple task like
> intall a jar that is not found in the maven repositor (e.g.
> weblogic.jar).
>
> Only solution I've found so far is to create my own maven repository,
> do a mave:install file then do a ivy:install.
>
> Any example would be appreciated.

I suggest a mere file copy, i.e. put the jar directly where Ivy expects it
instead of in your own maven repo. Metadata (i.e. ivy files) is optional in
Ivy (at least by default), so a simple jar with the right name at the right
location is enough. To know the location call a first ivy:resolve and check
the console: Ivy will tell where it tried to find the artifact.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/