ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration from remote repositories
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 08:54:29 GMT
On Feb 7, 2008 1:32 AM, David Benua <dbenua@panix.com> wrote:

> Xavier,
>
> Thanks for the quick turnaround on this.
>
> I've tried it, and as you said, it works (even if it's not documented).
> Here are the settings (so far) in the remote directory:
>
> <ivysettings>
>    <property name="repo.path" value="/home/ivyrep/repo" />
>    <resolvers>
>       <url name="local-http" >
>          <ivy
> pattern="${ivy.settings.dir}/[organization]/[module]-ivy-[revision].xml"
> />
>          <artifact
> pattern="${ivy.settings.dir
> }/[organization]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
> />
>          <artifact
> pattern="${ivy.settings.dir
> }/[organization]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact].[ext]"
> />
>       </url>
>       <sftp name="local-sftp" host="${ivyrepo.host}"
> port="${ivyrepo.port}" user="${ivyrepo.user}"
> userPassword="${ivyrepo.password}" >
>          <ivy
> pattern="${repo.path}/[organization]/[module]-ivy-[revision].xml" />
>
>          <artifact
> pattern="${repo.path
> }/[organization]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
> />
>          <artifact
> pattern="${repo.path}/[organization]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact].[ext]"
> />
>       </sftp>
>     </resolvers>
> </ivysettings>

Since only one of the two resolvers is used at a time (if I understand
correctly), I'd rather define only one in two different settings files (with
the same name), and include either one or the other file depending on the
environment. You can do this with a naming convention for the file name and
using a property to define which file to load. But it's mainly a matter of
taste, behavior should be the same.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/