ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration from remote repositories
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 21:53:28 GMT
On Feb 6, 2008 10:34 PM, David Benua <dbenua@panix.com> wrote:

> We're just starting out with Ivy, and I have some questions about how to
> set up configuration in 2.0.
>
> We have built our own repository, and I'd like to store as much of the
> configuration as possible with the repository. When the repository is on
> a file system, this is easy: in the <ivysettings> just <include
> file="/path/remote/directory/ivysettings.xml" />
>
> However, we're a distributed team (spread across 8 time zones and 2
> continents), and we cannot guarantee file access from everywhere.  Also,
> we have some team members who will build "applications" which don't need
> to be published into Ivy (and others who maintain library modules which
> must be published).
>
> My plan was to use a dual protocol structure: use http for resolve and
> retrieve and use sftp when we publish a module.  I've put a copy of our
> repository up on a server with linux / apache and I can perform retrieve
> from both http and sftp.
>
> What I cannot figure out is how to manage the configuration of the
> repository.  You cannot "include" a URL, and of course the URL is
> slightly different between the 2 protocols.

A bit surprised by that, I've checked the documentation and you're right,
you can't include an URL. Still surprised, I've checked the code, and you
actually you can include a URL :-)

For the sligh difference between the two URLs, you can use a property set
from your Ant build for example. If you need to include relative files, you
can use ${ivy.settings.dir} as basis.

 (I've also tried specifying
> the settings file url in the <settings> or <configure> node, and that
> doesn't work properly: it still looks for ivysettings.xml in my local
> directory)

This is strange and is clearly a bug. Could you open an issue with more
details about what you tried?

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/