ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using the configuration as part of the artifact pattern
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 22:06:30 GMT
On Feb 4, 2008 10:42 PM, Christoffer Soop <lists@soop.se> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, some further questions below regarding using a
> custom attribute...
>
> Xavier Hanin skrev:
> >> I am trying to set up a custom repository where artifacts are stored in
> >> a configuration subdirectory of the module. For this I am using the
> >> artifact pattern
> >>
> >>   [organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[conf]/[artifact].[ext]
> >>
> >> ... in the resolver configuration.
> >
> > Search over the mailing list and our JIRA and you should find an issue
> > opened about this, where I explain why this is not supported, and
> suggest
> > the workaround you've already found. Feel free to add your vote to the
> JIRA
> > issue.
> I am trying to get a custom attribute working but am having trouble
> disabling the XML validation.  I am using a very simple configuration
> file with the line
>
>        <settings defaultResolver="local" validate="false" />
>
> ... as per the instruction in the settings reference.  I am aware of the
> fact that this setting can be overridden from elsewhere but am not
> explictely turning on validation anywhere.  Since I am trying to use Ivy
> for resolving C# dependencies in .NET using NAnt I run Ivy from the
> command line.

Ok, on the command line, the option to disable validation is -novalidate.
Sadly enough the value in the settings is not used in this case.

> Q: Is there a way to force disbling of validation by setting a -D
> property or similar?
>
> Interestingly enough validation does not seem to be in effect for the
> ivy settings file itself since I can add any attribute without getting
> an error. That the file is used I can tell from the other settings and
> the Ivy output.

Yes, the settings file is never validated, it's very dynamic due to the use
of plugins, but we could do better, I think there's a JIRA issue open to add
a xsd validation to ivy settings, vote for it!

BTW, the latest trunk version allow to keep validation while using extra
attributes, by using namespaces:

This maybe a cleaner approach if you can afford relying on the trunk version
ATM.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/