ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "John Gill" <llign...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: specify versions separate from dependencies
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:32:50 GMT
Sorry if this isn't on the right track of what you are asking, and I am not
sure I like what I am about to suggest!

As Xavier stated you can put the revisions of the dependencies in a
properties file, and I guess there is no reason why you couldn't have one
big properties file with all the revisions in it (which you would have to
maintain somehow which is the bit I don't really like), and then in your
ivy.xml file you can reference the properties that you are actually using.

Maybe, what you could also do is use a post-publish-artifact trigger (it
would be better if there was a post-publish trigger rather than one for each
artifact) to update the central properties file when the new revision when
it is published. It might also be possible to have different properties
files for different resolvers for the different releases (unstable, sid,
experimental). The trigger informs you of the resolver used which would tell
you which properties file to update using

Is this a good idea? A part of me finds it this idea appealing, but I am not
convinced it's a good idea. My main problem is that the builds would not be
totally reproducible, as the central revisions.properties file would not be
under version control.

On the other hand, maybe I missed the point entirely.

--
Regards,
John Gill