ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <>
Subject Commons Configuration and Ivy
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:27:41 GMT

I just started playing with Ivy and tried retrieving the Commons
Configuration artifact, but I noticed that Ivy keeps pulling the
optional and test jars even if I only request the default jars. Here are
the ivy.xml file and the Ant build I used:

<ivy-module version="2.0">
     <info organisation="test" module="test"/>
         <conf name="default"/>

<project name="test" default="go" xmlns:ivy="antlib:org.apache.ivy.ant">
     <target name="go">
         <ivy:retrieve conf="default"/>

If I change for the 1.5 revision it's slightly better (junit and xerces
are gone), but it still retrieves the optional jars such as
servlet-api.jar, and it retrieves the test dependencies of
commons-logging (log4j, logkit and avalon).

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks for your help,

Emmanuel Bourg

View raw message