ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From David Benua <>
Subject Re: Configuration from remote repositories
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 10:28:29 GMT

In my usage scenario, any sub-project that needs to "publish" (i.e. a
reusable library module) will need BOTH resolvers.  They will use the
HTTP resolver to "retrieve" their dependencies, and the SFTP resolver to
  "publish" their artifacts after a build.

Subprojects which don't publish (because their code isn't re-used by
other applications / customers) just "retrieve" from HTTP, they don't
need SFTP at all. (These subprojects are still in SVN, just not in Ivy).

I did this for 2 reasons:
1) Performance of the HTTP resolver is much faster, and some of our
users are a long way away over slow VPN or SSH connections.
2) We can give wide access to everybody (HTTP allows public
reading/browsing) and control updates more tightly.

Xavier Hanin wrote:
> Since only one of the two resolvers is used at a time (if I understand
> correctly), I'd rather define only one in two different settings files
> (with the same name), and include either one or the other file depending
> on the environment. You can do this with a naming convention for the
> file name and using a property to define which file to load. But it's
> mainly a matter of taste, behavior should be the same.
> Xavier

View raw message