ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From David Benua <dbe...@panix.com>
Subject Configuration from remote repositories
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 21:34:22 GMT
We're just starting out with Ivy, and I have some questions about how to
set up configuration in 2.0.

We have built our own repository, and I'd like to store as much of the
configuration as possible with the repository. When the repository is on
a file system, this is easy: in the <ivysettings> just <include
file="/path/remote/directory/ivysettings.xml" />

However, we're a distributed team (spread across 8 time zones and 2
continents), and we cannot guarantee file access from everywhere.  Also,
we have some team members who will build "applications" which don't need
to be published into Ivy (and others who maintain library modules which
must be published).

My plan was to use a dual protocol structure: use http for resolve and
retrieve and use sftp when we publish a module.  I've put a copy of our
repository up on a server with linux / apache and I can perform retrieve
from both http and sftp.

What I cannot figure out is how to manage the configuration of the
repository.  You cannot "include" a URL, and of course the URL is
slightly different between the 2 protocols.  (I've also tried specifying
the settings file url in the <settings> or <configure> node, and that
doesn't work properly: it still looks for ivysettings.xml in my local
directory)

We can place "sample" ivysettings.xml files up on the web server (and
have project authors add them to the build files), but this isn't the
same as having them centrally located where we can make changes to
repository structure should we need to.

Any thoughts on the best way to configure this?

Dave