ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Andreas Sahlbach" <andreas.sahlb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ivyde again
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 15:38:17 GMT
On Feb 8, 2008 3:00 PM, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@anyware-tech.com>
wrote:

> Andreas, about your worries of having no input from Eclipse, did you tried
> open the "Error Log" view ?

Yes, there was nothing in it. I also checked the <workspace>/.metadata/.log
file manually.

But I was able to find a workaround. It seems to me that the problem only
occurs, if there is already an Ivy-container entry in the .classpath file
and if IvyDE encounters a parsing error. Ivy 2.0 is way more nitpicking
regarding bad configurations. Some of my configs e.g. referenced
configuration mappings of configurations that were not defined. This was
ignored by Ivy 1.4.1 and is now reported as error. This error is swallowed
by IvyDE silently if there is already a .classpath entry for ivyde. In this
case no ivy classpath container appears. If you call "Add Ivy Library" in
this case, another .classpath entry is added to the .classpath and nothing
else happens. I've ended up with half a dozen ivyde entries in .classpath
this way.

To fix this you have to remove all ivy entries from .classpath. After that,
start up eclipse and call "Add Ivy Library" again. And now Ivy reports the
error in a dialog and in the ivy console / error log. After fixing the
ivy.xml the classpath container appeared correctly.

--
Andreas Sahlbach