ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: OS Specific dependencies
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:00:04 GMT
I don't know if it will work, but maybe you could use a property in your configuration mapping:

conf="default->${os.type}"

In Ant, you can set the value of the os.type property to "unix" or "windows" depending on
the platform you are on.

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: "Foreman, Alex (IT)" <Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com>
To: ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 2:40:33 PM
Subject: OS Specific dependencies

I have a dependency X with a dll for use on windows and a so for use on
linux/*nix.

If I have

conf runtime
Conf windows extends runtime
Conf unix extends runtime

Artifact name ="x" type="jar" conf="runtime"
Artifact name ="y" type="dll" conf="windows"
Artifact name ="z" type="so" conf="unix"

I can refer to which one I want at anyone time.

However What I want is Ivy to automatically pick up this by its OS type.

EG I am running in eclipse and want to run Ant from there I select the
dependecny and use conf='default->windows'
When I run this in unix I have to manually change the ivy.xml file.

I should not need to do that.  It should automatically be able to choose
which one I need.  So the same ivy file works on any platform.

The sos are not even downloadable in windows and the dlls are not
available in unix.

Is there any solution to this?
Has anyone encountered this type of problem with JNI's and found a good
way around it?

Many thanks,

Alex Foreman
Morgan Stanley | Technology
20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | Floor 06
London, E14 4QW
Phone: +44 20 7677-5732
Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com

Looking for last minute shopping deals?