ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From dcal <appla...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Bulk repository copy question
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:16:20 GMT

Brown, Carlton-2 wrote:

> The problem I'm trying to solve is to create a persistent local artifact
> repository mirror (like a disk cache) to avoid repeated artifact
> retrievals across the network.   I prefer a local fs repository instead
> of ivy's internal cache for this purpose , because it seems the ivy
> cache needs cleaning from time to time.  And we are talking about
> hundreds of megabytes of fairly static libraries, so it makes no sense
> to dynamically retrieve them across the network each time.

This seems counter to how Ivy wants to be used though.  I think if there are
issues with the cache needing cleaning all the time, that should be fixed.
The cache's responsibility afaict is exactly to prevent unnecessary
downloads across the wire.  Basically, I think what you are asking for is
probably not needed assuming the cache is working correctly.