ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Vasco Lemoine <vasco.lemo...@imc.nl>
Subject Re: modules get evicted when resolve is called the second time
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:09:41 GMT
Well I found out what is causing the problem but I think it is of
interest to share it.

I introduced a extra attribute which I am using for building of
submodules.

foo-ivy.xml:

<ivy-module version='2.0'>
  <info organisation='foo' module='foo' revision='1' />
  <configurations>
    <include file='${build_home}/etc/ivy/ivy-configurations.xml' />
  </configurations>
  <publications />
  <dependencies>
    <dependency org='bar' name='bar' rev='trunk' submodule='bar' />
  </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

bar-ivy.xml:

<ivy-module version='2.0'>
  <info organisation='bar' module='bar' revision='1' />
  <configurations>
    <include file='${build_home}/etc/ivy/ivy-configurations.xml' />
  </configurations>
  <publications />
  <dependencies>
	<dependency org='foobar' name='foobar' rev='1' />
  </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

Because the submodule attribute was missing in the bar-ivy.xml <info>
tag. The foobar dependency gets evicted. I'm not sure this is expected
behavior. If not it is probably a bug or at least the provided
information is not clear enough to troubleshoot. Of course the work
around is adding the extra attribute to the info tag:

<ivy-module version='2.0'>
  <info organisation='bar' module='bar' revision='1' submodule='bar' />
  <configurations>
    <include file='${build_home}/etc/ivy/ivy-configurations.xml' />
  </configurations>
  <publications />
  <dependencies>
	<dependency org='foobar' name='foobar' rev='1' />
  </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

Regards Vasco.