ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Fernandes, Gerard" <gerard.fernan...@lehman.com>
Subject RE: Ant Compilation Referencing Local Repository
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 16:18:00 GMT

You do not have to copy to a project lib directory. You can compile
against the local cache directory where Ivy downloads dependencies.

The way to do this is to use the ivy:cachepath task which will provide
an Ant Path element which can be referenced for compilation as usual.

This is how I've implemented my build scripts. I do use the download
functionality to package my deployable units - just not for normal
development.

Gerard

-----Original Message-----
From: lukasbradley [mailto:lukas@somnia.com]
Sent: 09 January 2008 15:59
To: ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Ant Compilation Referencing Local Repository

All,

I'm attempting to do something that seems like it should be simple, but
I can't find any straight documentation for it.

I've successfully gotten the Ant ivy:retrieve task to work.  Now, I
would love to run a javac task using a classpath referencing the ivy.xml
specified libraries.  The only examples I can find are copying those
libraries to the project's lib directory (or somewhere else), and
compiling as normal.  This seems redundant.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?

Thank you for any and all help.

Lukas