ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Loehr, Ruel" <rlo...@pointserve.com>
Subject IVYDE - what are the alternatives?
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:44:21 GMT
First,   I'm a big fan of ivy.   When we use it through command line, it is flawless.

The eclipse integration is starting to become painful to the point that we are investigating
alternatives.

The first issue I ran into was when dealing with snapshots:   http://www.nabble.com/IVY-DE-and-use-origin-flag-td13203097.html#a13203097

This morning one the developers reported that

"appears that in JBDevstudio 1.0.0 GA at least, setting source attachments on jars in the
ivy container doesn't work, so i can't debug into or navigate third-party source like ibatis."

I'll investigate this and open a jira if necessary, but it leads to me the questions.....

1)       We're betting the farm so to speak on IVYDE.   Are other people experiencing the
same sort of difficulties?
2)       If so, how are you handling it?   Developing in eclipse is here to stay for  us ;)
 I need to make this bulletproof for our devs.
3)       I've already built an ant task to generate an eclipse classpath based off the ivy.xml.
  I realize that this is essentially how maven handles their ide integration.  Maintaining
what is essentially a fork from the "best practices" isn't all that appealing to me though.

I'm patiently awaiting the first official apache release and seeing  how that goes, but if
I'm still seeing issues I'm going to have to deviate from IVYDE.

Ruel Loehr
Configuration Management

Pointserve, Inc.
110 Wild Basin Road