ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: How to use different retrieve rules for different organizations/modules?
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 01:31:31 GMT
I think you can use the modules tag in your ivy settings file to specify which resolver to
use for which module or group of modules.  The modules tag is described in the online ivy
documentation.

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Oster [mailto:oster@bmi.osu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 4:05 PM
To: ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: How to use different retrieve rules for different organizations/modules?

Hi,

I have a question on how I can handle organization or module specific rules for copying dependencies
into my components.

In general I want to resolve/retrieve my artifacts with a pattern like
this:

.../[conf]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]

However, for compatibility with my existing system, I need to copy some of the artifacts without
the revision specified.  For example, a pattern like this:

.../[conf]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]

I cannot find a clean way to do this, short of defining specific private configurations in
my module which include the relevant modules/organizations, and resolving these configurations
separately.
This works, but its clutters up my ivy file (with all the configurations needed just to support
this) and makes the resolve/retrieve part of my build much more complex (as I need multiple
calls which specify specific configurations).

Is there any way to set conditions on the retrieve pattern, or in my ivy file such that I
could handle these special cases?  The absolute ideal would be to handle this in the repository
settings (such as having the retrieve use the same pattern used by the resolver), but I'm
open to a module specific solution.

Thanks for the great software and your help,

Scott

Scott Oster

co-Director, Software Research Institute

Biomedical Informatics Department

Ohio State University

oster@bmi.osu.edu <mailto:oster@bmi.osu.edu>

lab:  614-292-9845