ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <>
Subject handling multiple modules with different release schedules
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 18:55:29 GMT
I am trying to manage around 30 modules where each, in theory, could be on a different release
schedule.  In practice, different groups of these modules release together.  For my following
example, let's pretend each module does not have any transitive dependencies and that each
dependency is in the ivy.xml file as a direct dependency.  Let's  say, module A for its A1
release may need the latest version of modules B, C, and D and the specific E2 released version
of module E and specific F5 released version of module F.  Module A for its A2 release may
need the release version B2 of B, the latest of C, D, E, and F.  Module B for its B2 release
needs etc....

How do I efficiently handle all of this mess?  Do I make a separate repository for each module's
release such that only the correct versions of each dependent module for that release are
in that repository and then switch out the resolver depending on which release is being built?
 Do I make my own custom statuses for each module's release and then just reference latest.[releaseName]
as the dependency version all coming from the same repository?  Do I write my own resolver
that handles all of this internally?

Any suggestions or past experience would help greatly.

Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.