ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject resolvers that handle publish
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2008 08:29:22 GMT
The documentation is clear how a resolver will handle a retrieve.  It will check each artifact
pattern one by one until it finds one that works to get each artifact.  However, the documentation
is not clear how a resolver handles a publish.  My goal is to have my jar files published
to a jar directory (that is good for all platforms) and to have my native dll's and so's be
published into a subdirectory with that platform name.  I tried using configurations as my
platforms, but I noticed a post that stated that isn't supported during the publish phase
(to use the [conf] in the artifact pattern during a publish).  The post suggested to use extra
attributes instead.  That does work, except it works on all artifacts, not just the ones that
need it.

In other words, my jar artifacts do not have a platform extra attribute.  My dll's and so's
do have an extra platform attribute.  Here is my resolver:

                                <filesystem name="local">
                                                <ivy pattern="${ivy.local.root}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]/[artifact].[ext]"/>
                                                <artifact pattern="${ivy.local.root}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]/[artifact].[ext]"/>
                                                <artifact pattern="${ivy.local.root}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]/[platform]/[artifact].[ext]"/>
                                </filesystem>

I want the second pattern to be used for those artifacts that have a platform specified and
the first pattern to be used for those that don't.  I can't get this to work.  Whichever pattern
is listed first will be used for all artifacts.  It seems that this separation of native binaries
is a common requirement.

My two thoughts would be to try:

1.       set the platform to empty string for the jars

2.       write my own resolver just for publishing

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.