ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject Confusion with configurations and publishing
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2008 07:28:49 GMT
I am building a module with native binaries inside.  Dll's for windows, and so's for unixes.
 I figured configurations would be a good way to handle the different artifacts depending
on which platform the build was running on.  I made configurations for each platform and specified
the artifacts and listed the configurations each was applicable for.  Everything was good
until I tried to publish.

                <target name="publish.local" depends="module">
                                <ivy:publish resolver="local" pubrevision="${ivy.new.revision}">
                                                <artifacts pattern="${basedir}/build/module/[type]/[artifact].[ext]"/>
                                                <artifacts pattern="${basedir}/build/module/[type]/[conf]/[artifact].[ext]"/>
                                </ivy:publish>
                </target>

I have two artifacts patterns, one for the java stuff which is not platform specific so it
is located in a directory that doesn't have the configuration (or platform) name in the path.
 The other has the [conf] in the pattern since the platform specific artifacts to publish
are inside a subdirectory by the name of the configuration (or platform).  I get errors during
the publish stating it can't find my artifact to publish.  It shows that it tries the first
pattern and fails.  It then shows me it tries the second pattern but has "default" as the
conf instead of one of my configurations.  Therefore, this fails too.

I even tried putting a conf="win32" to try hardcoding a conf during the publish, but it still
tries to lookup the pattern with "default".  Am I missing something?  Is there a better way
to handle platform specific binaries when publishing?

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.