ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IVYDE - what are the alternatives?
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:27:05 GMT
On Jan 17, 2008 9:49 PM, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@anyware-tech.com>
wrote:

> I understand everybody frustration here, and that's why I take time to
> fix IvyDE.
>
> Maybe to tackle users frustrations we can provide a simple XSL that
> transform Ivy's resolve report into Eclipse classpath ?
> We loose the easy of use of IvyDE, the cool editor, but at least it
> will integrate Ivy into Eclipse early.
>
> Maven is actually doing this kind of .classpath generation with "maven
> eclipse:eclipse".
>
> Even more this XSL could be released with Ivy officially.
>
> WDYT ?

I think providing this (whatever the implementation is) would be nice, but
I'm not in favor of providing this with Ivy officially: first some wouldn't
understand why we provide this for eclipse only; second maintaining and
testing this may not be easy. So I'd prefer to see this somewhere else, and
add a pointer in the official Ivy link page.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/