ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: handling multiple modules with different release schedules
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:09:54 GMT
On Jan 9, 2008 7:55 PM, Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castrianni@halliburton.com>
wrote:

> I am trying to manage around 30 modules where each, in theory, could be on
> a different release schedule.  In practice, different groups of these
> modules release together.  For my following example, let's pretend each
> module does not have any transitive dependencies and that each dependency is
> in the ivy.xml file as a direct dependency.  Let's  say, module A for its
> A1 release may need the latest version of modules B, C, and D

What do you mean by latest version? Once A is released as A;1, do you still
want to say its dependencies are latest versions? This means that whenever
you publish a new version of B A;1 will always be "compatible" with it? It
sounds rather strange to me, I must misunderstand what you mean.

Xavier

and the specific E2 released version of module E and specific F5 released

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/