ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What does this failure mean?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 20:41:18 GMT
On Jan 3, 2008 4:00 PM, Boes, Gregory <gboes@tripos.com> wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> We've been using ivy successfully for a couple of months now.  One user
> has stumbled upon a resolution failure and I don't know the meaning of
> the message.
>
> "impossible to move temp file to definitive one"
>
> Any help?

When Ivy downloads ivy files from a repository, it first download them to a
temporary file (used to be in temp directory until 2.0 beta 1, where the ivy
file is downloaded to the cache). Then it moves the temporary file to the
final location in the cache, and this is what seems to be failing for your
user. Cleaning the cache should fix the problem, if it happens frequently
you should try to investigate the issue. Maybe it is due to the use of the
same cache by multiple processes concurrently. This use case is supported
only with 2.0 beta 1, with the repository cache locking to avoid such
concurrency issues.

HTH,

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/