ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confusion with configurations and publishing
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 20:11:37 GMT
On Jan 1, 2008 8:28 AM, Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castrianni@halliburton.com>
wrote:

> I am building a module with native binaries inside.  Dll's for windows,
> and so's for unixes.  I figured configurations would be a good way to handle
> the different artifacts depending on which platform the build was running
> on.  I made configurations for each platform and specified the artifacts and
> listed the configurations each was applicable for.  Everything was good
> until I tried to publish.
>
>                <target name="publish.local" depends="module">
>                                <ivy:publish resolver="local"
> pubrevision="${ivy.new.revision}">
>                                                <artifacts
> pattern="${basedir}/build/module/[type]/[artifact].[ext]"/>
>                                                <artifacts
> pattern="${basedir}/build/module/[type]/[conf]/[artifact].[ext]"/>
>                                </ivy:publish>
>                </target>
>
>
> I have two artifacts patterns, one for the java stuff which is not
> platform specific so it is located in a directory that doesn't have the
> configuration (or platform) name in the path.  The other has the [conf] in
> the pattern since the platform specific artifacts to publish are inside a
> subdirectory by the name of the configuration (or platform).  I get errors
> during the publish stating it can't find my artifact to publish.  It shows
> that it tries the first pattern and fails.  It then shows me it tries the
> second pattern but has "default" as the conf instead of one of my
> configurations.  Therefore, this fails too.
>
> I even tried putting a conf="win32" to try hardcoding a conf during the
> publish, but it still tries to lookup the pattern with "default".  Am I
> missing something?  Is there a better way to handle platform specific
> binaries when publishing?

See IVY-472 for discussion about this exact problem:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-472

Xavier

>
>
> ---
> Shawn Castrianni
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and
> privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any
> review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.
>  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information
> for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
> delete all copies of this message.




-- 
Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant
http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message