ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jim Mochel <jmoc...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: IVYDE - what are the alternatives?
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 02:20:08 GMT
I am afraid that I have to weigh in on John side of this.

I am currently using Ivy for an ant-based build system and it works
beautifully. Unfortunately, I have to spend a great deal of my time
doing hand maintenance of the eclipse projects and dependencies in order
to ensure that re-factoring within eclipse continues to work.
I loved the IvyDE concept and I have thought I have had it working a
couple of times. But each time I have had to give up in the face of
implementation issues.  I currently use IVY 1.41  at work and IVY 2.0
at home.

If I had the time I would be putting the work in to bringing the plug-in
up-to-date. Since I don't,  I will just hope and pray.

Thanks,

Jim  Mochel