ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Oster" <os...@bmi.osu.edu>
Subject How to use different retrieve rules for different organizations/modules?
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:05:26 GMT
Hi,

I have a question on how I can handle organization or module specific
rules for copying dependencies into my components.

In general I want to resolve/retrieve my artifacts with a pattern like
this:

.../[conf]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]

However, for compatibility with my existing system, I need to copy some
of the artifacts without the revision specified.  For example, a pattern
like this:

.../[conf]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]

I cannot find a clean way to do this, short of defining specific private
configurations in my module which include the relevant
modules/organizations, and resolving these configurations separately.
This works, but its clutters up my ivy file (with all the configurations
needed just to support this) and makes the resolve/retrieve part of my
build much more complex (as I need multiple calls which specify specific
configurations).

Is there any way to set conditions on the retrieve pattern, or in my ivy
file such that I could handle these special cases?  The absolute ideal
would be to handle this in the repository settings (such as having the
retrieve use the same pattern used by the resolver), but I'm open to a
module specific solution.

Thanks for the great software and your help,

Scott

Scott Oster

co-Director, Software Research Institute

Biomedical Informatics Department

Ohio State University

oster@bmi.osu.edu <mailto:oster@bmi.osu.edu>

lab:  614-292-9845