ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Niklas Matthies <ml_ivy-u...@nmhq.net>
Subject Re: IVYDE - what are the alternatives?
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:49:57 GMT
On Thu 2008-01-17 at 08:24h, Xavier Hanin wrote on ivy-user:
> On Jan 17, 2008 2:39 AM, John Gill <llignhoj@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've said this before, but I'll say it again. ivyDE is what makes ivy a
> > killer tool IMHO.
>
> I don't share your opinion, but I understand. IMO Ivy shines by its
> flexibility and predictability. Ivy+IvyDE is a very good combination, but
> you have pretty similar eclipse plugin for maven and this doesn't make me
> love maven.

Also, not everyone is using Eclipse. There's NetBeans, IntelliJ and
JDeveloper too, for example. One good thing about Ivy is that it's not
IDE-bound. At our company, anyone can use their favorite IDE on the
same shared project with no problems. I'd rather have the development
effort concentrate on Ivy itself than on a plugin for a particular IDE.

Just my two cents,

-- Niklas Matthies