ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE, Build Issues, and Ivy 2.0?
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:05:07 GMT
Le mercredi 9 janvier 2008, lukasbradley a écrit :
> All,
>
> Many apologies if this post simply doesn't belong here.  I realize that
> IvyDE is different than Ivy, but I wanted to give it a shot.
>
> I'm now attempting to get Ivy to work within Eclipse as my dependency
> resolver.  I'm having a good bit of troubles.  Mostly, nothing is
> happening.
>
> However, quite by accident, a message appeared stating 2.0 was an invalid
> version for the Ivy module.  I'm assuming this is from my ivy.xml file,
> which functions correctly from a command-line.
>
> <ivy-module version="2.0">
>
> Trying to change this to 1.3 (or anything else) doesn't seem to help, but I
> still receive no error messages.  I've tried opening both the console and
> Ivy Report view, but no output.
>
> Are there any plans to release a new version to coincide with the 2.0 beta?
> Or has anyone successfully integrated Ivy to Eclipse recently, and care to
> offer pointers?
>
> One side question is something inferred from the documentation.  Can the
> IvyConf URL *really* be left blank, and function properly?  I have the
> command line version working fine using no ivyconf.xml file.

Yep, leaving it blank is like not specifying the settings. But Not specifying
the settings is in fact relying on the default settings embedded with Ivy.
And the settings between Ivy 1 and Ivy 2 has changed, so either you have to
use the IvyDE which contains the same Ivy you are using on the command line,
either you specify the proper default conf into IvyDE.

--
Nicolas LALEVÉE
ANYWARE TECHNOLOGIES