ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From osbald <rosbaldes...@hotmail.com>
Subject Using a virtual module with a property for a revision
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:31:48 GMT

Continuing from my previous message I've been trying to  make my ivy
dependencies configuration for jung more flexible by using the trick of
defining ant properties for versions. i.e. I define
jung.version=2.0-alpha3-SNAPSHOT and replace the revisions in the
corresponding ivy.xml file.

What I've noticed is that I still need to call the configuration file
jung-2.0-alpha3-SNAPSHOT-ivy.xml which currently now looks like this:

<ivy-module version="1.4">
    <info organisation="zenulta"
          module="jung"
          revision="${jung.version}"/>

    <publications/>

    <dependencies>
        <dependency name="jung-api" rev="${jung.version}"
            changing="true"/>
        <dependency name="jung-algorithms" rev="${jung.version}"
            changing="true"/>
        <dependency name="jung-graph-impl" rev="${jung.version}"
            changing="true"/>
        <dependency name="jung-io" rev="${jung.version}"
            changing="true"/>
        <dependency name="jung-visualization" rev="${jung.version}"
            changing="true"/>
        <dependency name="collections-generic"
rev="${collections-generic.version}"/>
        <dependency name="colt" rev="1.2.0"/>
        <dependency name="concurrent" rev="1.3.4"/>
    </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

Despite the resolver in question having an optional revision pattern should
I attempt to call this file jung-ivy.xml it isn't found at all..?

   <filesystem name="libraries">
       <artifact
pattern="${project.modules.dir}/[organisation]/lib/[artifact](-[revision]).[ext]"/>
       <ivy
pattern="${project.modules.dir}/[organisation]/lib/[module](-[revision])-ivy.xml"/>
   </filesystem>

So I attempted to add another resolver to the chain to pick up these
'unversioned' definitions.

   <filesystem name="libraries-unversioned">
       <ivy
pattern="${project.modules.dir}/[organisation]/lib/[module]-ivy.xml"/>
   </filesystem>

Initially I also had a matching artefact pattern, but I noticed a good many
libraries where getting picked up via libraries-unversioned before
attempting the secondary optional lookup via libraries with the
(-[revision]) bit. So I removed it. This actually works and finds
jung-ivy.xml OK. However I'm seeing an error during the build:

[ivy:retrieve] :: problems summary ::
[ivy:retrieve] :::: WARNINGS
[ivy:retrieve]  impossible to put metadata file in cache:
d:\Projects\zenulta-trunk\modules\zenulta\lib\jung-ivy.xml
(working@libraries-unversioned). java.io.FileNotFoundException:
d:\Projects\zenulta-trunk\build\ivy-cache\zenulta\jung\ivys\ivy.original-working@libraries-unversioned.xml
(The system cannot find the file specified)

Which leave me thinking all is not so well? what dumb mistake am I making
now?