ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From hdockter <m...@dockter.biz>
Subject Re: Unwanted remote lookup of (cached) module descriptor
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 23:03:11 GMT

Hi Xavier,

I've just discovered that my problem is not completely fixed. It is fixed
for all of my dependencies except one. The dependecy where Ivy is still
doing a remote lookup is for logback. It looks like it has something to do
with the way the logback pom is using Maven's inheritance.

The main problem with this remote lookups is not the 1s it usually takes.
The main problem is that the build stalls if the repository is not
responsive. For ibiblio this is pretty often the case.

I've attached a file with the debug output.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p14626841/ivyout.txt ivyout.txt

My ivy.xml just says: <dependency org="ch.qos.logback"
name="logback-classic" rev="0.9.8" conf="compile"/>